1. If you were given 24 hours to live, what would be the first thing you would do?
2. Which of the mindsets mentioned in the sermon is the most difficult: the mindset of complete submission to God, or the mindset of silence when maligned?
3. What tops the list for you when it comes to getting truly serious about your walk with the Lord?
4. Have you ever had the experience of being so stressed out that even prayer was tough?
5. To whom, or to what situation, is it the most difficult to "stretch out" love?
6. Is there one of your spiritual gifts that you feel is currently under-used?
1. When you're "under pressure" which best describes you: quiet and persistent, frantic and alarmed, in complete denial, or other?
2. Has there been a time when you truly felt persecuted or you suffered for doing good? Can you describe the situation?
3. Have you ever had to face up to being influenced by the fear of man?
4. What holds you back, if anything, from testifying to the hope that's within you?
5. When it comes to sharing your faith, what do you think it means to do so with "gentleness and respect?"
1. Describe the perfect day, according to you. How does it begin, what time does it begin, what do you do, what don't you do, etc.
2. Can you share a recent occasion when you were the recipient of "brotherly love" from someone?
3. What, of yourself, is the most difficult to "leave behind" so that you can minister to someone else's needs?
4. What's the hardest part of not being a person of retribution?
5. Can you isolate an occasion in your past where someone's words really hurt you, and it has stuck with you?
To "pursue peace" means to "run with swiftness" toward a particular goal. What are the obstacles you face in racing toward peace?
1. Did you have a favorite restaurant when you were a kid; one that was a real treat to go to?
2. How do you understand "equal value yet differing roles" within a family structure?
3. In what ways can one's actions draw someone to Christ?
4. What do you think it means to "esteem" another person? How do you show that, practically speaking?
5. Is there an area of your life where it's harder for you to be submitted to the Lord than other areas?
1. What was the first presidential election you voted in? Did your candidate win?
2. When you think of the term "submit," what first comes to mind?
3. What is the most difficult part of submitting to elected officials for you?
4. How would you balance submission to authorities with scriptural authority?
5. What are ways that our freedom can become a mask for evil?
6. Has there been a time that you can recall having the grace of God in the midst of an unjust situation?
Pastor George Dakin
1. Do you have a habit that (if you were honest) you know irritates others?
2. In what ways has our society painted immorality as virtuous?
3. In what areas do you find it most difficult to say “no?”
4. Peter says that “passions wage war against our souls.” What does that mean to you personally?
5. How would you describe someone who is “honorable?”
6. How can you provoke others to praise God?
Today’s passage: 1 Peter 2:11-12