1. Did you have a hero growing up; someone you wanted to be like?
2. Can you identify a time and/or situation where you felt persecuted or were your faith was being tried? How did you react?
3. What do you believe to be warranted criticisms of the church at large today?
4. If you had to isolate one area where you feel the need for God to purify you, what would that area be?
5. We rarely discuss, or want to discuss, the wrath of God and his justice. How do you balance the concept of a loving God and a just God? How would you for a non-believer?
Is there an area of your life, more than another, that is hard for you to entrust to God?